Spanish Course Useful Information
- What Spanish Program structure will I follow during my course?
At AIL Madrid we follow the Common European Framework of Languages, which categorises the learning process into 6 levels.
To see the content of the different levels, please visit the following page: Course levels.
Our philosophy is to adapt the course content to the needs and capabilities of every student. In this manner, at the start of every week, each student will receive information about what it is that they will be studying as part of the course that week.
- What are the Cultural Activities that AIL Madrid offers?
To see the complete program for our Cultural Activities, visit the following page: Cultural and Social Activities.
Every week we publish our Cultural and Social Activities on our website and on our Facebook page.
- How does AIL Madrid work and where can I find more information about the school?
Here you can find more information about the school, our location, our main focus and much more.
- What accreditations do AIL Madrid have?
In the following link, you can see all of AIL Madrid’s accreditations.
- When was AIL Madrid founded?
In order to find more information about the foundation of the school, please visit The School.
- How many students come to study Spanish at AIL Madrid each year? Where are the students from?
Please visit The School.
- How many teachers work for AIL Madrid? What is their training?
It depends on the time of year and the number of students that we have in the school. There will be between 10 and 15 teachers working for AIL Madrid. To meet all of AIL Madrid’s teachers; please pay a visit to the Teaching Staff page.
To obtain more information about their training, please read the corresponding section on the following page: the school.
- What types of courses do AIL Madrid offer?
To see the variety of Spanish courses that we offer, visit the Spanish Courses.
- What happens if there aren’t enough students enrolled for the course?
Please read section 1.10 of the Enrolment Terms.
- What are the suggested levels for the Spanish courses?
AIL Madrid offers courses for each level as drawn out by the Common European Framework of Language.
- When do the courses start?
To see our complete beginner course start dates for 2013, see our Intensive Spanish Course.
- How many study hours a week does each course offer?
To see what hours each course offers, visit our page of Spanish Courses.
- How long does each class last?
It is considered that one teaching hour will really give around 50 minutes of studying.
- Where can I see the opinions and feedback of other students who have studied at AIL Madrid?
To see the testimonies of other students, visit: Testimonies
- What timetable do the courses have?
To see the timetable that the intensive courses have, visit: Intensive Spanish Courses.
To see the timetable for the evening courses, visit: Evening courses
To see the timetable for all of our Friday courses, visit: Friday course
- How do you determine what level I will study at?
The level evaluation has 3 parts:
- Online written test that you will complete a minimum of 7 days before the first day of your course.
- A self-evaluation where the student tells us how much Spanish they have studied, where, for how long etc.
- Oral evaluation on your first day before class. Please note that as the level testing takes place outside of the class time, the students does not lose any of the contracted class hours due to level testing.
- Is there a maximum number of students per class?
Go to AIL Madrid and look at the section Why AIL Madrid.
- Is there a minimum knowledge level students have to have to enrol on one of the courses?
In general, no. This only exists in the Preparation for University course. To see the requirements, please visit the University Preparation Course page
To see the start dates of groups who have never studied Spanish before, please visit Intensive Spanish Course.
- Is there a Spanish course for beginners? On which dates does it start?
Yes. To see the start dates, visit: Intensive Spanish Course.
- What book and materials will be used during the course?
: We use the "Prisma" books for levels A1, A2, B1 and B2, and the SUEÑA 4 book for level C1. For the C2 Spanish courses, they use their own resources. .
: We use the "Preparación al Diploma del Español" books for all levels, and additional resources such as previous DELE Exams.
Spanish Business Course: We use a combination of books and our own resources depending on the student interests. Some of the books we currently use are: "Curso de Español de Negocios", "Curso superior de Español para los Negocios", "Manual para la preparación del certificado superior del Español de los negocios de la Cámara de Comercio de Madrid", "El Español en ámbito profesional", "Comunicación eficaz para los negocios", etc.
- Can I do an evaluation test during or at the end of my course? Will I receive a certificate of accomplishment?
Yes, everyone can do an evaluation test during the last week of your course.
Once your final level test has been corrected, you will receive a certificate of accomplishment (with the result of the test).
- I am a beginner; can I still attend the Cultural Activities?
- I have a medical problem; can I still attend the Cultural Activities?
We do everything we can to ensure that the activities are accessible to all students. Any medical condition should be communicated with the School before booking your course. In accordance with the condition, we will advise you on the possible limitations and or restrictions that you may have.
- From what hour is the school open?
Look at The School.
- What languages do the AIL Madrid staff speak?
To see what languages we speak, visit the Meet the Team page
- How can I enrol? What payments methods are available to me?
To enrol and see what payment methods are available, visit our Enrolment page.
- What is the purpose of the upfront payment of 200€?
It is a prepayment to make your booking. To find out more, look at Payment methods.
- Is there a discount for bookings made in advance?
- What are the conditions with regards to payment?
To reserve your place, we require an upfront payment of 200€. The remainder should be paid on the first day of your course.
- In the case of a cancellation, what refund will be given to me?
To see the conditions of a cancellation, please read point 8 of the Enrolment terms.
- When are the bank holidays?
To see the bank holidays, consult point 13 of the Enrolment terms
- What materials are included in the enrolment?
To see what is involved in the enrolment fee, visit Spanish Courses.
- Is there an evaluation form that I can fill out?
At AIL Madrid, we aim to optimise our students’ level of satisfaction and to continuously improve the service we provide. To help us achieve this, we ask each student to fill out an evaluation form at the end of their Spanish course.
- Can I be expelled from the school?
Yes, in the case of aggressive conduct towards classmates/members of the school and for the non-payment of fees.
- What types of accommodation do AIL Madrid offer?
To see what accommodation we can offer you, visit: Accommodation.
- Where is the accommodation located?
Look at Accommodation.
- What services are included in each type of accommodation?
To see which services are included, visit: Accommodation.
- If only I enrol for a course, can I still have a double room?
Yes, AIL Madrid offer double rooms for individual each. Visit: Accommodation.
- Are all the host families the same?
All of the host families comply with the quality criteria that exists at AIL Madrid, although every family has their own customs and norms.
- Under what circumstances can I ask to change accommodation?
Look at point 2.8 of the enrolment terms.
- What requirements are needed for me to apply for a visa?
Read point 3 of the Terms of enrolment.
- Can I have insurance with AIL Madrid? What will it cover and how much will it cost?
To see your personal price quote, visit: Travel Insurance.
- I am below 18 years old, can I study at AIL Madrid?
Yes, however you will need your legal guardian to sign an authorisation form that we send to you.
- I have a type of allergy or special needs, how do I communicate this with AIL Madrid?
You should tell any of the course advisors and/or the accommodation advisors before booking your place.
- How do I get to AIL Madrid?
To see detailed information about how to get to AIL Madrid, visit: The School.
- Is there an emergency telephone number that I can call?
Yes, we give out an emergency number to all of the school’s students, and we will give it to you once we have confirmed your booking with AIL Madrid.
- Does AIL Madrid offer classes in other languages?
- What services are included in the price of the course?
Look at Spanish Courses.
- What payment methods are available?
Visit Payment methods.
- What prices do the different courses have?
Consult our prices page.
- What prices do the extra-curriculum activities have?
AIL Madrid does not charge extra for the cultural activities organised by the school. However, fees such as museum entrance tickets, transportation and food and drink are not included. This can vary between 3€ and 10€ per activity.
- What other activities can I do in Madrid?
Visit Entertainment in Madrid.
- How much does an airport pick up cost?
To see the cost of our airport pick-up service, visit: Airport Transfer.
- Is there anything else I have to pay for in order to study at AIL Madrid?