At AIL Madrid we want you to be comfortable in your new environment
while at the same time staying in touch with loved ones from home. This
is why we offer all our students the following options:
The free rental of a Spanish pay-as-you-go mobile phone choosing between:
- a Samsung Galaxy Young (S6310) smartphone, with a 3.2MP camera, video recorder, 3.27" screen and 4GB of memory
- a Alcatel BIC basic phone, with a 0.3MP camara, 1.08" screen
- The Orange SIM card with discounted fares appropiate for calling abroad. Two special tariffs are available:
| Minimum 5€ top-up with national calls at 0 cent/min (call connection charge 18,15 cents per call) and international calls from 1cent/min (call connection charge according to the country) and SMS costing 12 cent each. If you want to add internet you can pick among: paying 6€ for 500MB of data, or 9€ for a 1GB and 15€ for 2GB.**
|Minimum 10€ top-up. Once activated, 8.95€ is deducted monthly, to give you national calls at 0 cent/min (call connection charge 18,15 cents per call) and includes 1GB of Internet, for one month. SMS messages are
12 cents each.**
*Tariffs updated on August 2015.
** All fees inclued VAT.
How does the service work?
1. Rental of a Samsung Galaxy Young or Alcatel BIC:
- Request your mobile phone at least one week before arrival
- You will receive your phone on your first day of school in exchange of a deposit: 30€ for the Alcatel BIC, 60€ for the Samsung Galaxy Young
- The mobile phone must be handed back on your last day of school. We will then return your deposit to you.
2. Buy my own Orange SIM card:
- Request your Orange SIM card when you arrive
- Our Student Care Team will help you activating the SIM card directly from the school
- You can buy a 5€ or 10€ SIM card and you have 5€ or 10€ credit on your mobile phone
- With the Orange Mundo SIM card you can call abroad from 1c/min. Enjoy it!
Benefits of using mobile services:
Receive calls from abroad for free – avoid expensive roaming charges
Navigate and make calls in Spain at reasonable prices
Use of the smartphone or mobile phone during your entire stay in Madrid - receive
the phone on your first day of class and return it on your last day
*Terms and Conditions
Rental offer available to students enrolled on Spanish courses of 20 hours per week.
A deposit of 30 € for the Alcatel BIC or 60€ for the Samsung Galaxy Young is required when you want to rent the mobile phone. The deposit is returned when
the phone is handed back.
Buying an Orange SIM card offer is available to students enrolled on any AIL Madrid Spanish courses.