Internship and work experience in Spain
Learn Spanish and gain experience in the Spanish workplace!
Our Internship and Work Experience Program is a great way to improve your Spanish and acts as a fantastic CV builder! This exciting program is ideal to bridge the gap between studying and the working world, and will give you first hand experience of working in a Spanish environment. You will also improve your fluency in the Spanish language, while learning about business in a completely different culture. It’s guaranteed to be a personally enriching and unforgettable experience!
Our program revises, refreshes and consolidates any previous Spanish that you have already learnt, and is divided into two phases:
1) The first phase of the program is a 4 week intensive Spanish course with AIL Madrid. We strongly recommend that you devote the maximum time possible to learning Spanish during this section of the program - so you can get as much out of the Work Placement as possible. Because of this, we offer you the opportunity to extend this part of the program for a longer period than 4 weeks if you so wish.
2) The second phase is your Work Placement with your internship company.
This will be for a minimum period of 8 weeks, but can be extended subject to you and your employer. Your placement will be within in a job sector that you want to pursue, to enhance your existing skills and experience.
Is the Internship Program for me?
The program is designed for students between the ages of 17-25, who wish to develop their Spanish further, while gaining invaluable work experience and boosting their CV.
This program is for you if:
- You have at least an intermediate level of Spanish
- You are looking to improve and develop your Spanish
- You want to gain work experience in your chosen career
- Are able to commit to at least 8 weeks work experience upon completion of your 4 week Intensive Spanish course.
- You have the financial means to be able to support yourself whilst in Madrid
- You are from an EU Country. If you are a citizen of Albania, Andorra, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, South Korea, Costa Rica, Croatia, Chile, El Salvador, United States, Guatemala , Honduras, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Monaco, Montenegro, Nicaragua, New Zealand, Panama, Paraguay, Saint Kitts and Nevis, San Marino, Vatican, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Uruguay, Venezuela we will help you with your Visa application.
This program is not for you if you are looking to earn money to finance your trip to Spain!
Internships are unpaid as the emphasis is placed on applying the Spanish language skills you have developed in the classroom in a working environment. You will learn a lot of Spanish in a short space of time and gain invaluable experience with a leading company as well as having great fun!
Phase one: 4 week Intensive Spanish Course with AIL Madrid
- Small class sizes, maximum 8, average 6
- 20 classes per week (9am - 1pm)
- Complementary 10 classes per week of Fun Afternoon Activities program
- Flexible start dates - students can start on any Monday
- Available in 6 different levels (A1 - C2) that correspond to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR)
- Option to combine with an Individual Spanish course
- End of course certificate
- Daily homework
- All classes missed due to public holidays are made up
NOTE: You may extend this phase of the program, at a cost of 155 Euros per week.
Phase 2: Internship in work sector of your choice, organised through AIL Madrid
- Selection Preparation and Briefing:
- Guidance for the preparation of a CV (resumé) in Spanish
- Meetings with a personal program advisor to arrange the right Internship placement (this will take place during the 4 weeks of your Intensive Spanish classes)
- Monitoring, Supervision and Visiting:
- All students are assigned a program advisor both before and during their Internship placement, to ensure that all runs smoothly between employer and employee
- The program advisor will visit the student periodically at their Internship placement, to observe student’s progress
- Assessment and Evaluation:
- Progress report during the period of the placement and end of placement evaluation and appraisal from the internship company
- Final certificate, complete with indication of level of Spanish obtained, signed by both the employer and school director
Which Internship placement option is right for me?
1. Professional Placement
We offer a wide range of exceptional Internship Placements in the following sectors:
- Marketing and PR
- IT and Telecommunications
- Leisure and Tourism
- Media and Communications
- Finance and Banking
Your placement will be determined during your 4 week Intensive Spanish course at AIL Madrid. This is so that we can fully assist you with your CV, understand your objectives fully through personal meetings, and arrange interviews with your potential companies that you can attend in person.
Due to this high level of personal attention, we are proud that 80% of our students are successful in their first interview!
NOTE: Work Placements can be harder to find during summer months, as many companies close or experience a dip in activity. Please bear this in mind when considering when to come.
2. Placement at AIL Madrid
There are a range of employment opportunities and short term jobs available at AIL Madrid for appropriately qualified students. The work is varied and is based on your specific interests and skill set. Work Placements are available in marketing, translation, student services, or administration.
“These Work Placements are combined with language study with students typically taking an intensive Spanish course in the morning. After the 4 weeks of intensive Spanish course, the student will focus on his/her work placement at AIL Madrid for 8 weeks.”
NOTE: Work Placements at AIL Madrid are subject to availability. There is high demand for these roles, especially in the summer months.
In order to participate in the Internship placement program, the following criteria needs to be met.
The student must:
- Be aged between 17 and 25
- Have an intermediate level of Spanish (corresponding to level B2 in
the six level framework of language proficiency developed by the
Council of European languages by the end of the 4 week study period
- Have previous experience relevant to the area of work being applied for
- Completed application form, indicating that all of the specified criteria is met
- A Visa to enter Spain, if necessary
- Cover letter and CV (resumé) – in Spanish (if possible), English or French
- Photocopy of passport (provided upon arrival in Madrid)
- Photocopy of Medical Insurance (provided upon arrival in Madrid). We can provide this for you if required.
The total price for the Internship and Work Experience Program is 1295 Euros. This includes:
- 4 weeks Intensive Spanish Course in the heart of Madrid (4 classes per day at AIL Madrid Spanish Language School)
- Free enrolment fee and all administrative fees
- Own personal program advisor
- Full supervision and monitoring of progress during the Internship
- Certification and report upon completed placement
A 200 Euro deposit is required to confirm a place on the program, this is 1000 Euros if a Visa is required. See our payment methods page for further details.
NOTE: If we have any doubts regarding the Spanish level of the student, we will recommend a study period of longer than 4 weeks.
Please contact us
to request an enrolment form.
Complete the enrolment form, attach your CV and send it back to us,
either by e-mail, fax or post. Please note, a place cannot be confirmed
on the Spanish Internship and Work Experience Program until we confirm that
all criteria has been met, and that a deposit of 200 Euros is received
by the school.
If you require a Visa, a deposit of 1000 Euros is required by the school, before we can issue the Visa Invitation Letter.